Lakeland Insurance Bad Faith Lawyer
Nearly every adult in Lakeland has some type of insurance coverage, or they have purchased it in the past. Car insurance, homeowners insurance, healthcare insurance, and boat insurance are just a few of the most common types in the city. Your insurance policy is a legal contract between you and your insurer. As such, you expect your insurer to honor the terms outlined within it when you have an issue. When they fail to do this, the insurance company is acting in bad faith. Our Lakeland insurance bad faith lawyer will hold them accountable when this occurs.
What Is Insurance Bad Faith?
Insurance bad faith occurs when an insurer denies a claim or does not pay the full amount of the claim when there is supporting evidence to show the policyholder’s claim is legitimate. Bad faith can occur in many ways. For example, a homeowner may file a claim for fire damage and the insurer may allege that the property owner started the fire themselves even when there is no evidence to support the argument.
Bad faith involves much more than the insurance company making counter-offers during negotiations. In these cases, an attorney can negotiate on your behalf for a fair settlement. It is when insurance companies refuse to make a fair offer that they are acting in bad faith. In these instances, you may have to file a lawsuit against the insurance company for its deceptive tactics.
Examples of Insurance Bad Faith
When you purchased your insurance policy, you knew that you would have to comply with certain terms of the contract. You know that you have to pay your premiums fully and on time or your insurer will likely cancel your policy. Likewise, your insurance company must abide by the provisions within the contract and when they do not, they are acting in bad faith. Some of the most common examples of insurance bad faith are as follows:
- Failing to make a decision on your claim in a timely manner
- Denying claims when they are legitimate
- Delaying or denying a claim without providing the policyholder with an adequate reason
- Failing to respond promptly after the policyholder has notified them of the claim
- Attempting to settle your case citing changes in the policy that you did not consent to or were not notified of
- Making settlement offers that are not in line with the coverage offered in the policy
- Failing to conduct an investigation promptly or properly in an effort to settle a claim
Our Insurance Bad Faith Lawyer in Lakeland Can Provide the Advice You Need
Insurance companies are powerful and dealing with them can be intimidating. At Ruel Law Firm, our Lakeland insurance bad faith lawyer has extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and will never be intimidated by them or their tactics. If your insurer has acted in bad faith, call us now or contact us online to schedule a consultation and to learn more about how we can help.
PROPERTY DAMAGE Insurance Claims
- Wind Damage
- Water Damage
- Sinkhole Damage & Collapse
- Hail Storm Damage
- Tornado Damage
- Fire Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Business Interruption Claims
- HOA/Condo Association Claims
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Examination Under Oath
- Stucco Defects
- Roofing Defects
- Window & Door Defects
- Foundation Settlement/concrete Cracking
- Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Defects (MEP)
- Violation of Building Codes
- Design Professional Liability
- Warranty Claims
- Unlicensed Contracting & Fraudulent Liens
- Contractor & Design Professional Insurance